Tuesday 15 September 2009

A Marathon Entry

Dear readers [all three of you]

I'd just like to use this channel to draw you attention to a worthy cause.

My good friend Tom is running the Berlin marathon this weekend with his friend and they are both raising money for the charity Cardiac Risk in the Young.

Cardiac Risk in the Young is a charity supported by the British Heart Foundation. As well as raising awareness, CRY campaigns for national heart screening, sponsors medical research and offers ECG testing. CRY also offers support to those who have suffered a bereavement. If you'd like to read more about the charity and possibly donate, please go to this link:

http://www.justgiving.com/helandtomrunberlin/

It's a great cause and I wish Tom and Helen all the best!

As for my blog - you may have noticed it's been in a bit of a lull at the moment.

Well, rest assured it's still being written, just not 'published'. I've taught in schools, met gurus and have too much to write about - far too much in fact - so I'm coming home so I can catch up with myself. It looks like I'll be back in the UK around the 23rd September - so I intend to carry on publishing things I've written [and uploading photos] once I'm back in a place where the internet doesn't just work on the second Tuesday of each month of Sundays.

So thank you to all who have read so far [and especially those who have taken the time to write to me or comment]. I'll hopefully be writing a bit more from India before I leave....

So - for now, please go and visit http://www.justgiving.com/helandtomrunberlin/

And see if you can beat this:

Red Pandas are found here in Sikkim

They eat bamboo leaves and do strip ‘em

Off fast from the trees as,

Alas, it’s not long ‘fore the Chinese will nick ‘em

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment