Saturday 6 June 2009

Intermission: A Return to Civilisation

So apparently I'm in the capitol city of New Zealand.

I drove 5 hours on the 4th June and returned my camper van to the Wellington drop-off. I was met by my second-cousin Anthea, and we drove to her sister Nicole's house - where I'm staying for a few days with her, her husband Tim and their 15 month old daughter Chloe. It was nice to get back to civilisation and sleep in a building for the first time in over half a month and not wake up with frost in my beard. I had a shower, shaved and began to almost feel like a member of the human race again.

So here I am. I cooked everyone the trout I caught in Taupo the other night and it went down well. I'm resting here for a few days now and intend to catch up with all my blogs before heading off to the South Island or whatever it's called nowadays before I fly off to the next leg of my journey.

Apologies in advance for the blogbardment that will shortly follow. I've been writing in my diary as I've gone and am currently typing up a month's worth.

I've also uploaded new photos to the Picasa album - and Facebook friends should be able to see a few extra photos on my new New Zealand albums.

Thanks to everyone who's commented so far or got in touch with me about the blogs. I enjoy writing them and hopefully there should be more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment