Friday 29 May 2009

Happy Kamper

Hello!

There comes a time when living in a camper van when you just need to have a shower. I've nipped into a hostel at the moment near Lake Taupo and paying over the odds rates to use a computer which has failed to a) back up my photos b)work at a fast enough speed to give me time to type up my blogs.

I am currently in Turangi, south of Taupo and fishing every day. Driving to a small Lake tonight so I can wake up and fish straight away. It's much colder than forecast and my rule is I don't get out of bed [which is made partly from my table] until I can't see my breath any more. This morning that time was 11am. It got to minus 6 the other night - colder than the South Island!

And I'm enjoying using the letters c and b. My phone has refused to type them since Japan and also fails to do other highly useful things - so apologies to people [and twitter followers] who might get posts such as 'enjoying kamper van'. Try texting without the letter c or b - you have to find elavorate ways of saying/spelling simple things.My phone is still taking photos though - and some are really nice. So when I'm on a computer that works nicely I'll upload as many photos as possible. For now just imagine a scene from Lord of The Rings and replace Gandelf with my unshaven face.
So my apologies for lack of blogs recently! They are kurrently being written in good old fashioned pen and ink and I'll type them up in the next week using as many Cs and Bs as I like. Thank you to everyone who is reading - more still to come on Japan and plenty of in-depth detailed fishing stories, listing each pattern and describing in great detail the size of each fish that got away...

That's all for now - keep the messages coming :)

2 comments: